Best Irish Setter Hunting Boots:What Is The Best Choice (2018)
Hunters have always a great passion for hunting. For this reason, they always look for the best components which they need at the time of going for hunting.
In such case, a pair of hunting boots is one of the most needed components for the hunters as they do not take the risk by wearing any kind of ordinary boot at the time of hunting. In this case, the famous name Irish Setter comes with their reputation.
This company has, so far, brought a variety of models of hunting boots in the market for the hunters.
Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter WP 6" Upland Hunting Boot
Irish Setter Men's 878 Trailblazer Waterproof 7" Big Game Hunting Boot
Irish Setter Men's 880 Elk Tracker Waterproof 200 Gram 12" Big Game Hunting Boot
Irish Setter Men's 882 Elk Tracker Waterproof 600 Gram 12" Big Game Hunting Boot
Irish Setter Men's 894 Wingshooter Waterproof 9" Upland Hunting Boot
Best Irish Setter Hunting Boots
Amazon's customers rating & reviews:
|Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|
PST - Details
PST - Details
PST - Details
PST - Details
PST - Details
- The leather construction of the boot will provide not only comfort but also protect your ankle all the time.
- The synthetic sole is there to give you the best hunting experience.
- The speed-lacing organism of this boot will save your time.
- The contrast moc toe stitching has the been boot more user-friendly.
- The moisture wicking nylon of this boot is for better safety and protection.
- The manufacturers have also added the UltraDry technology to keep your feet and ankle dries all the time when you are out for hunting task.
- This waterproof boot is the best one for using at any period of the year.
- There is steel -support shank for better performance and safety.
- The footbed is fabric covered in order to make this boot more stylish and classy.
- Varieties of sizes are available so that anyone can purchase it for hunting job.
Before you purchase any hunting, you must want to the benefits which you can obtain from it.
The Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter WP 6" Upland Hunting Boot comes with a variety of benefits for its users. Here, we have listed a few of those many benefits.
- As mentioned above, the sole of this boot is made of synthetic for giving the users better walking and running experience.
At the same time, hunters will not worry about getting slipped when they have this boot with the synthetic sole because this special type sole will prevent them from slipping
- The UltraDry technology of this boot is there to manage the moisture of the weather which will help the hunters to keep their feet completely dry during the time of hunting.
- At the same time, the waterproofing system of this boot will allow the hunters to wear this boot at any time irrespective of the bad condition of the weather. So, you can even go for hunting during the rainy season of the year.
- The steel support shank will provide longevity and durability at the same time.
- The 6” upper portion will cover your ankle for protecting it all the time.
Pros & Cons
- The price of the Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter WP 6" Upland Hunting Boot is very reasonable comparing to the alternatives in the market.
- As this boot comes in different sizes, so you get the chance of buying it for a hunter of any foot size.
- The leather construction and the color of this boot have made it even more classy for the hunters.
- Usually, you will feel this boot a bit tight when you will wear it for the first time.
- Proper cleaning is required otherwise the lifespan of this boot may decrease.
How Will The Boot Assist You In Hunting?
Like we have already said, the synthetic sole of this boot will help you getting stick to a particular place.
It will help you focus your prey without having any kind of movement in your feet. At the same time, the leather construction of this boot will keep your ankle from any kind of harm which you could get while running in the rough paths in the jungle.
Taking Care Of The Boot
If you want to increase the lifespan of your Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter WP 6" Upland Hunting Boot, then you have to use the recommended leather cleaner for cleaning after the end of each period of your hunting job.
Frequently Asked Question
1. Does this boot have insulation?
2. Is the toe has got steel?
- Irish Setter Men's 878 Trailblazer Waterproof 7" Big Game Hunting Boot is made synthetic material and leather.
- The shaft measures approximately 7.5 inches from the arch.
- These boots are aggressively fitted with a synthetic sole.
- The insole is easily removable.
- This hunting boot has a molded cleat outsole that ensures a perfect grip on any trying terrain.
- With waterproofed membranes, your feet are kept ultra-dry all day long
- It has a protective seven-inch-high shaft.
- Waterproof: the Irish Setter Men's 878 Trailblazer Waterproof 7" Big Game Hunting Boots are made of synthetic material and leather that is purely waterproof.
Again, they are fitted with moisture management linings to ensure comfort and all day long performance.
- Different sizes and widths:during manufacture, the rule of thumb are to manufacture quality and well-fitting boots for everyone.
They, therefore, come in different sizes and widths to choose from.
- Odor free: made possible by the Scent ban technology. This technology cuts out the scent from bacteria in the inner boot lining.
The Scent Ban technology may be available in other boot brands but is profound in the Irish Setter. Being scent proof ensures that you are not ‘given away’ to the prey.
- Perfect Grip:this Irish Setter has an outsole with molded cleats providing the best surface contact on any unfamiliar terrain.
- Comfort: the dual density design for the footbed guarantees day long comfort
- Lightweight: these boots are not only lightweight but also durable making them ideal for hunting not to mention hiking.
- Material: Made of synthetic material and full grain leather that is water proof and fully breathable with ultra-dry technology.
Pros & Cons
- This setter has its tongue cushioned for optimal comfort.
- With scent Ban technology, there are no odors or accumulations thus better hunting results.
- Optimal surface grips on any terrain ensured via molded cleats on the outsole.
- Wide range availability in terms of sizes and widths.
- Inner linings for water management and maximum waterproofing.
- Lightweight and durable thus ideal for hunting.
- This Men's 878 Trailblazer Waterproof 7" Big Game Hunting Boot is Abrasion resistant.
- With speed lacing designs, there are no undue delays.
- Some complaint was received with regards to the Leather being overly wrinkled. Also, the stitching at the bottom of the sole frayed after some time of walking through rugged terrains.
How It Helps You
The Irish Setter Men's 878 Trailblazer Waterproof 7" Big Game Hunting Boots are among the finest hunting boots.
They are not only waterproofed and comfortable but also less costly and give you value for money.
This pair never compromises on quality and is manufactured based on changing trends and innovation.
Use of latest technology while manufacturing them ensure that you get the best class fit and comfort.
• Are these boots insulated? The product description reads ‘thinsulateinsulation’; does this mean the boots are insulated?
Yes. Thinsulate insulation means that the boots are insulated with a thin insulation layer. It is also important to note that the boots are waterproofed.
• I find the jagged tongue that points the toe irritating. What can I do?
That can be removed if need be. Alternatively, hold it up with laces.
- Irish Setter Men's 880 Elk Tracker Waterproof 200 Gram 12" Big Game Hunting Boots are made of Madeira leather and fabric upper; fully grained for comfort.
- They are fitted with a steel shank for support, a mid-sole (Cork PU) for comfort and a nylon liner for moisture wicking.
- For traction and durability; they are fitted with an air bob aggressive sole.
- The GORE-TEX liners are waterproof and breathable.
- They are a warm pair with 200 grams Thinsulate insulation.
- The boots come with a scent ban Odor inhibitor.
- Material: These waterproofed and durable boots are made from premium leather with construction stitches on the sole lining.
Consequently, they have a steel shank for support and a Bob sole for traction.
- Waterproofing: The boots come with a nylon liner for moisture wicking, this maintains feet dryness for the longest time possible.
- Warmth and comfort: they have a GORE-TEX fabric lining with approx. 200 grams of Thinsulate insulation in addition to full grain Maderia leather for warmth and comfort.
- Firm Grip: exhibited on any terrain by the Aggressive, Bulls-Eye Air Bob sole.
- Comfort: the long-term comfort nature of the Irish 880 Elk tracker is made possible by the memory foam EVA foot-bed and the Gore-Tex linings.
- Available Measurements: the boots come in different sizes.
- The Scent Banodor inhibitor is responsible for cutting out the scent that is formed by bacteria in the inner boot lining.
Although the scent ban odor inhibitor is available in other boot brands, the Irish Setter Men's 880 Elk Tracker Waterproof 200 Gram 12" Big Game Hunting Boot always sets standards as it ensures feet freshness all day long.
- Balance:made possible by a bull's eye rubber outsole with numerous directional lugs
- Durability: the Elk 880 Tracker boot from Irish setter is very durable and of heavy duty nature that is ready to work It out for you.
- Lightweight: another feature that makes it suitable for its role. The boot is lightweight with revolutionized composite material.
Pros & Cons
- Provides options to choose from since they are available in various sizes and widths to choose from.
- Are preferred due to their exquisite water proofing features.
- They have an excellent grip on terrain via instep and outsole when hunting or hiking.
- With the latest technology utilized in their manufacture, the breathable Irish setter 12" Elk Tracker 200-gram boots are very durable and lightweight.
- With ScentBanodor inhibitor, you are guaranteed comfort and freshness at all times
- Its premium flex leather is repairable.
- Have a steel shank for support. Again, with numerous directional lugs balance is guaranteed.
- These GORE-TEX Hikers with Madeira Leather have just the right amount of insulation with 12"h., 30 1/2 ozs.
- Some customers complained that the seam at the back rubs into the back of heel if wearing not thick enough socks or not laced up tight enough.
How It Helps You
This pair is breathable/waterproof, keeps your feet warm while hiking, hunting or working and can be obtained at a relatively low discounted price.
They are also comfortable; due to the memory foam EVA foot-bed and the Gore-Tex linings. Consequently, they are lightweight, durable, stable, and reparable and keep your feet dry and fresh all day long.
All the things you expect are incorporated in this pair. This perfectly insulated pair is what you just need.
• Are these boots well insulated?
Yes. With 200 grams of Thinsulate, they are lightweight and perfectly insulated.
• Are these boots repairable?
Yes. Its premium leather with construction stitches on the sole lining and the upper side can be easily repaired.
- The Irish Setter Men's 882 Elk Tracker Waterproof 600 Gram 12" Big Game Hunting Boot are made of leather and are fitted with synthetic sole.
- GORE-TEX waterproofing makes them water proof.
- They come in different sizes, colors, and shapes.
- The leather on the upper area is fully trained.
- Scent-Ban odor control makes them odorless.
- The EVA with memory foam insole and ultra-insulation makes them a comfortable fit
- With a steel support shank, they are very durable and long-lasting making them a value for your money.
- The midsole is of Polyurethane
- They have a leather protector
- Material: the leather on the upper area is fully grained and waterproof. With a steel support shank and leather protector, they are tough and long-lasting.
- Comfortable fit: EVA and memory foam insole that complements the fitted synthetic sole and 600grams of ultra-insulation Thinsulate makes them not only warm but comfortable.
- Different sizes: any person can choose from a wide variety of sizes and available widths to get the best fitting pair i.e.; H 7-12,13 D 8-12,13,14,15,16 B 8,9-12,13,14 EE 8-12,13,14,15,16
- Waterproofing: This is made possible by GORE-TEX waterproofing ensuring your feet are kept warm and dry all day long thus a perfect fit for hunting in muddy, swampy or water logged areas.
- Grip on terrain: the Irish Setter Men's 882 Elk Tracker Waterproof are fitted with sturdy cleats that ensure a firm hold on any kind of terrain.
- Odor control: no odor even after long day wear due to the Irish Setter Scent-Ban odor control
Pros & Cons
- Are constructed from work grade super premium leather for durability and comfort.
- Provide the best grip on any terrain via sturdy cleats.
- With GORE-TEX the Irish Setter Men's 882 Elk Tracker are exquisitely waterproof.
- The Irish Setter Scent-Ban odor control eliminates odor for hunting prowess.
- They are available in various sizes and width measurements to choose from.
- The Irish Setter Men's 882 Elk Tracker Waterproof 600 Gram 12" Big Game Hunting Boot breaks in fast and perfectly fits from the word go.
- In addition to durability, they are lightweight making them ideal for hunting.
- By choice, the Comfort Cork EVA with Memory Foam can be removed
- Some customers complained that the boots are not as comfortable as they used to be and do not hold up well in construction sites
How It Helps You
As mentioned, the Irish Setter Men's 882 Elk Tracker Waterproof 600 boots are not only made of waterproofed and grained leather but also contain a memory foam insole and ultra-insulation Thinsulate for respective comfort and warmth.
These boots are best for different terrains due to their sturdy cleats and are odorless even after long day wear thus the perfect example of best market value in relation to cost and quality.
• I bought the boots but they do not fit properly, can I return them?
Yes. The boots can be returned and you will be provided with an opportunity to choose from the wide variety of sizes and widths available.
• Can the sole be replaced if worn out?
Yes. The sole can be replaced, only that it takes too long to wear out
• How heavy are the boots?
The boots are very light owing to the fact that they are manufactured from composite material that is very light and with great comfort and endurance
- This brown colored boot shows class as you wear them while going out for hunting.
- The upper part of this boot is made of leather which will provide longevity and durability as well.
- The UltraDry technology has been added to this boot for providing comfort to the users at the time of wearing.
- The UltraDry system will also keep your feet completely dry even if the weather or, environment is not somewhat suitable.
- The waterproofing system of this boot will allow you to go for hunting during any weather period.
- The rubber sole is there for the protection of your ankle and lower part of your feet.
- The full grain leather of the boot aims to provide comfort and protection to the user.
- The manufacturers have put heavy concentration on the leather construction so that the user can find it extremely user-friendly.
- This leather protection will also provide support while running and walking.
- The 9” height of the upper part is there for your ankle’s safety.
- This boot is available in various sizes to satisfy customers of different foot size.
Now, the most important part which will let you know the many benefits you can get when you own this boot.
Although there are so many benefits, we will try to discuss the major ones for you.
- Like said before, the sole is made of rubber focusing to provide better protection for your ankle and feet.
At the same time, this rubber sole will also work for protecting you from being slipped in the rough paths of the jungle.
- The brown color of this boot will also help you from being identified by your prey as the roads and surrounding environment are of somewhat similar color.
It is one of the biggest advantages which will help you aiming and killing your prey.
- The UltraDry technology added to this boot will provide better comfort and convenience to the hunters.
Your feet will always be completely dry because air will be passing through the boots because of this UltraDry system.
- The waterproof system is another great benefit of this boot which will let you go for hunting at any time you want no matter how bad the weather is.
The waterproof system is another great benefit of this boot which will let you go for hunting at any time you want no matter how bad the weather is. Additionally, this waterproofing system will also increase the durability and longevity of your boot.
Pros & Cons
- The Irish Setter Men's 894 Wingshooter Waterproof 9" Upland Hunting Boot is a very reasonably priced boot comparing to the features it consists of.
- The variety of sizes of this boot will help every hunter to get one for their own.
- The leather construction is there for protection and comfort.
- The rubber sole will help you walk comfortably on any kind of surface.
- You may face the problem if you fail to choose the right size for you.
- The boot needs to be washed properly otherwise the leather part may get damaged quickly.
How Will It Help You?
The Irish Setter Men's 894 Wingshooter Waterproof 9" Upland Hunting Boot comes with great features for the hunter and that is the reason it is the right choice for you.
From the leather construction to rubber sole, to UltraDry technology- everything has been taken with great care so that the hunters find it suitable to fulfill their respective purpose.
The leather protection is for your safety and comfort as well. And the rubber sole will keep your feet stick to a place so that you won’t get distracted for being slipped at the time of aiming or, observing your prey.
How To Take Care This Boot?
Of course, the maintenance has got a big part here which you have to deal very carefully. Remember, always use the recommended leather cleaner to wash this boot otherwise the leather may damage fast.
And, make sure to clean the sole after you come from hunting.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is this boot insulated?
Answer: no, these boots are not insulated.
There are lots and lots of hunting boots in the market currently but the Irish Setter is the most sort after because of the high standard they set in terms of quality and durability; not to mention reliability in different terrain use, waterproofing, abrasion resistance and odour control.
These boots flex appropriately for outdoor hunting and are reasonably priced to offer you value for money unlike other similar brands in the market.